I don’t have space to write this out in detail. Maybe I will expand it later. for now, I just want to share it. These are some things I discovered while I was wandering from God about 8 years ago. I am writing it as though a lost world was saying it. They are not in any particular order.
1) Be Authentic. So much that is in our world is not. If you are going to preach that you know the truth, then be real, and transparent.
2) Stop answering questions that no one is asking. The world sees Christians arguing about things that don’t have much to do with the way they live. They want to know what the Bible says about how to live.
3) Engage in a dialogue. Stop hammering us over the head with your superiority complex.Listen to us. Engage us in a conversation. We will listen.
4) Show some compassion. Ok we screwed up our lives. We don’t need our faces rubbed in it. Can you help us? Does Jesus have an answer for the mess I made? We don’t want to know what you are against. What are you for?
5) If Jesus is so great, stop conducting funeral services on Sunday morning and have some fun. Some are looking at sad faced Christians, and gloom and doom Christians and saying, “If you got it, I don’t want it.”
I’m just saying.